Friday, February 11, 2011

Getting Excited for IMATS Sydney, 2011

 EDIT: I am no longer making posts in this domain. Please follow me over to www.walkinmyeyeshadow.com to keep following my makeup journey

So this year I am determined to go to IMATS in Sydney this September. I have been wanting to attend this amazing trade show since it was first brought to Australia 3 years ago.

For those who don't know what IMATS is, it is the "International Makeup Artist Trade Show", an exhibition of all the best makeup brands to be able to try and buy at trade prices and also a chance to attend classes taught by some amazing makeup artists in the industry. Youtube gurus are also sometimes invited to attend the trade shows and answer questions from their fans, last year Koren of Enkore Makeup presented at the Sydney IMATS (not sure he will be presenting there again this year, but I am hopeful!).

The following is a list of some of the products I am hoping to pick up at IMATS (please note that this list has been very well thought out and has been in the planning stages for the last three years ):



OCC Lip Tars:
I have been wanting to get my hands on these ever since I first saw them reviewed by some of my favorite Youtube gurus. These lip tars come in all sorts of different colours and can be blended together to create many different lip colours to be used for film or photography work. You only need the tiniest amount to create amazing effects on your lips. I swear, I am printing off a map and running straight to OCC as soon as I get to IMATS so I can get my hands on these babies!





Temptu Airbrushing Kit:
I have been interested in airbrush makeup for a few years now and I have wanted to purchase a kit for myself for a while. At the right price, the Temptu airbrushing kit will be mine!!! 




Yaby Cosmetics "Something Bright" and "World of Pearl Paints" palettes:
Another thing I want to check out at IMATS is Yaby Cosmetics palettes. I've heard a lot about these really pigmented and gorgeous eye shadows from the Youtube gurus and really want to check them out in person. Although I can personally admit to having a lot of eye shadows, my theory is that you can never have too much of a good thing. Not sure as yet if I am actually as sold with these as I am with the OCC Lip Tars but I think its something to check out.


As well as getting some of these amazing products, I will also be looking out for some new and interesting eyelashes, in my opinion, you can never have too many lol.

So that is it, from now until September I am saving all the money I can to be able to attend IMATS this year, I am SO looking forward to it! Let me know if you are attending IMATS and what is on your wishlists :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this post !! The points are to be reg all the day in mind !! Good work….

    wedding makeup artist sydney

    ReplyDelete