Friday, November 12, 2010

Nail Art Foils Collection: Gold Foils

 EDIT: I am no longer making posts in this domain. Please follow me over to www.walkinmyeyeshadow.com to keep following my makeup journey

As I said with my previous post, the following is a list of the nail art foils that I purchased from Dollar Nail Art. I decided that I would seperate the foils by their colour and make postings for each grouping making it easier for you to look through them and decide which ones you would like to purchase if you choose to do so.

If you do not know what nail foils are or how to use them please follow this link to see my Introduction to Nail Foils post.

This post will contain all the foils in the gold spectrum. I've also included a short description of the foil along with the photos giving my description of them. I've decided to start with the solid colours first and then work my way through them that way. I found that the solid metallic foils such as White Gold were quite hard to photograph because my camera wasn't able to focus on them as they were so reflective, therefore their photos are just a good representation of what colour they are.







White Gold:
White Gold is a solid pale gold colour which is highly reflective like the surface of a mirror. There is no pattern to this foil, it is just solid colour.






Gold:
Gold is a solid true yellow gold foils and is highly reflective like the surface of a mirror (you can see how reflective it is because in the top left corner of my swatch you can see the reflection of my finger lol). There is no pattern to this foil, its just solid colour.






Bronze:
Bronze is a solid coppery bronze colour although it is a little softer than the typical bronze colour. It takes on more of a brown colour than a true bronze. here is no pattern to this foil, it is just solid colour.







 Kashmir Gold:
Kashmir Gold is a cream foil with gold veining running through it. It makes me think of a diagram of the circulatory system. This foil has a matte finish to it and isn't reflective on its own like some of the other foils I have. If you want to see this foil in action check out this video by LOVE4NAILS on Youtube




African Jade:
African Jade is a true gold shade with spatter marks of a soft moss green throughout. This is a matte finish foil like Kashmir Gold but this one is slightly more reflective. If you want to see this foil in action check out this video by LOVE4NAILS on Youtube.




Mayan Sunset:
Mayan Sunset is a pale gold with veining of pale green and a muddy grey-brown similar to that of Copperplate eye shadow. The patterning of this reminds me of the look of MAC's mineralize skin finishes or eye shadows. This is a matte finish foil.





Roman Marble:
Roman Marble is a highly reflective true gold foil with reflective black marbling through it giving it a slightly smokey look. There is no holographic effect to this foil but the surface of the foil looks as though it has a nice shiny topcoat over it. This is one of my favorite foils.


Gold Spectrum:
Gold Spectrum is a true gold holographic foil which reflects a rainbow effect where the light hits it. When applied to the nail it creates a ray of rainbow reflection along the length of the nail.





Aztec Gold:
Aztec Gold is a true gold holographic foil that reflects a diamond shaped rainbow across the nail. This foil tends to reflect more of the cooler colours in the rainbow when compaired to the warmer colours that Gold Spectrum reflects.




Gold Dots:
Gold Dots is a true gold foil with a dotted pattern that reflects a rainbow of holographic awesomeness. It kind of takes on the effect of glitter over the surface of the nail but on a more solid scale.






Gold Starburst:
Gold Starburst is a true gold foil with a star pattern covering the entire length. The stars reflect a rainbow holographic effect. This foil would be really good for a Christmas theme nail design.




Gold Crush:
Gold Crush is a true gold foil with a sort of cobblestone like design running over the entire length of the foil and reflects a pretty rainbow holographic.

No comments:

Post a Comment