Friday, March 18, 2011

Update: March 18th, 2011

EDIT: I am no longer making posts in this domain. Please follow me over to www.walkinmyeyeshadow.com to keep following my makeup journey

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't done much makeup posting in the last few weeks but I've been pretty busy for a while and haven't had the chance to do any filming. To be honest, I haven't really had any time to myself the last few weeks so now that I'm alone, I thought I would post an update.




So what is happening with me:
My boyfriend, Stuart, and I are in the process of building a place for us to move into withing the next few months (or however long it takes to build the place), but because we are building it ourselves we are restricted by work commitments and other things, so things are progressing as fast as they can.
Because Stuart is an apprentice cabinet maker, we are designing a lot of our own furniture. He has designed an elaborate room-divider/makeup storage unit for me that looks really awesome in the diagrams that he has drawn so far. He's also designed a nice walk in closet storage area.

Other than that I have been really busy with work and having a few health issues. My back has been giving me a lot of grief lately because it is coming into winter now, and the cooler weather is playing up with my arthritis.

Another thing that's been happening lately is that I've gotten really into my reading again. I used to be a HUGE bookworm, but then with work and other commitments, my reading time dwindled to reading a few chapters before going to bed, if that. At the moment I am currently really into reading books that have been turned into movies. The current book I am reading is "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Philippa Gregory.

 
I saw the film adaption when it came out in the cinemas and recently watched it again with my mother. I like reading about history, especially English history, so this book, even though it is a fictitious account of history, was right up my alley. Normally the books turn out to be better than the movies, and I really enjoyed the movie, so we'll see how I like the book, I'm only 28 pages into it at the moment so we'll see how I go.

Speaking of books, I've been trying desperately to get my hands of some novels by Nicholas Sparks. He is the author who wrote the book "The Notebook" which was adapted into a movie a few years ago, as most of you probably know. This is what got me onto getting books that have been turned into movies. I believe six of the sixteen books that Nicholas Sparks has written have been turned into movies, these include:



I believe that there are two more movie adaptions for his books due to some out in 2012 and 2013, these are "The Lucky One" and "True Believer". I recently bought the books "Message in a Bottle", "The Lucky One" and "Nights in Rodanthe" when I saw them on sale. I've given "Nights in Rodanthe" to my mother to read first because I know she has been wanting to see the movie for a while. I've been trying to find "The Notebook" and another of his books, "The Guardian" because I would like to read those first but as yet, I haven't been successful so I'll have to try eBay.



No comments:

Post a Comment